Some things to keep in mind:
- To tell if your file is AI10 compatible, open it into a text program like Notepad or Text Edit and do a search for the code line ‘Creator: Adobe Illustrator(R) 10.0’
- iStock will still accept AI9 or lower files
- You’ll need to indicate your AI version in your Image Description
- AI10 does support most transparency effects including transparent blends, drop shadows, glows, and transparent objects
- If you do use transparencies you need to indicate this in your Image Description
- All other technical and artistic standards still apply, for more info see the Illustrator Training Manual
We can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with using transparencies in their vectors!