This new article contains short briefs outlining subjects and concepts we’d like to see more of in the iStock collection.
The briefs are intended to point out under-represented areas. While some of these ideas may already exist at iStock, we feel that there are still new ways to approach these subjects and original takes that have yet to be discovered. The briefs are open-ended and, well, brief. More detailed looks at formal style and concept execution will follow in separate pieces.
You will quickly notice recurring trends, themes and topics. In general, iStock needs:
- Natural, authentic images and video of people
- Local content from wherever you are
- New approaches to classic stock concepts
- Conceptually strong editorial images
- High-quality illustrations of all kinds
- Professionally-produced video of all kinds
The briefs here focus on visual content. Each entry is tagged with a few relevant labels for quick scanning. Watch the page regularly for updates: the newest material will appear at the top.